Wednesday, February 23, 2011

ramble #1


Well, I’m finally sitting down to start a blog. I can’t promise that I will update it like I should… but it’s a beginning. My two motivations for blogging are:  friends who have adorable & helpful blogs and my foodie heart. I will be upfront in saying that most of my rambling will probably be about my love for food [such as my journey to eating heathy, favorite restaurants, and cooking successes and failures]. If I find something awful or wonderful it will end up on here.

All of that being said, let’s get on with it. 

I’m an addict of greek yogurt and can’t tell you the last time I’ve had “regular” yogurt [besides the always yummy fro-yo]. I just love how much protein is packed into that little container of goodness.  Without naming names, let’s suffice it to say that I have tried my fair share of greek yogurts.  To save you from the headache of options, finally deciding on one to take home, only to sit down to a nice snack and.... heartbreak.  A not so worthy “greek" disaster [which is what is spurring my decision for this to be my first post.]  So don't even bother looking... just pick up some Chobani.  It’s the best I’ve found. Hands down.

If you are like me and care what you are eating, you will be happy to know that Chobani does not use thickening agents like some "greek" yogurt posers.  It's the real deal.  The nutrition label is pleasantly simple.  I read recently that you can tell a fake greek if it contains gelatin, corn starch or milk protein concentrate.  The real stuff should also be packed full of protein.  Be on the look out for at least 13g.

I believe the length of this post about YOGURT shows my huge appreciation/obsession for Chobani.  So run on over to your local supermarket, and stock up on a very filling treat!  Chobani will even send you coupons if you'd like:

http://chobani.com/coupons

A company after my own heart.


blueberry.png

3 comments:

  1. Yayy! Glad you're blogging. Love you and chobani! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mal Mal, I LOVE your new blog! I always love finding new foods, so your blog will be perfect to read, and I love staying up-to-date on your life. You can count on me to be a faithful follower. I also just signed up to get Chobani's coupons! Can't wait to keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your sweet comments! i love you both :)

    ReplyDelete